PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE
A challenging opportunity awaits a self-starter with a lot of initiative and a high level of integrity. This Intermediate Developer Role will contribute towards the production of quality code and products; in a team environment; in accordance with the prescribed architecture, standards and implement as required within the agreed upon timeframes. Your technical expertise in terms of qualifications and significant experience is essential to perform well in this position
• An IT related degree (BSc, BEng) or Java certification – essential
• Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in the development of object-oriented enterprise Java systems is essential
• Working knowledge of Java, JEE (EJB, JPA, JSP, JAX-RS)
• Linux experience is advantageous
• Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, A-MQ
• Working knowledge of Apache Camel, Spring boot, Git
• System and application analysis and design
• Java application development of server-based Java components and web applications written using established frameworks and object-oriented methodologies.
• Application integration with back-end systems.
• Application maintenance, support and performance monitoring. Ensure that the integrity and stability of systems and applications are upheld
• System and application documentation
• Ensure that the teams technical roadmap and solution implementations are aligned to the organizational technology roadmap
• Help institutionalize software engineering best practices
• Interact with users, business analysts and product owners to gather, interpret and understand business requirements.
• Interact with project managers and provide work estimates for projects
A common set of competencies are required that support our values of Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Innovation, Integrity and Diversity. The following list of characteristics guides the competencies that we will be looking for in successful candidates.
• Computer Application Development
• Problem solving and analytical thinking
• Results driven team player with high energy levels
• Ability to work independently/unsupervised and to function effectively within a team
• Ability to perform under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
• Good understanding of the design and operation of distributed computer systems, computer networks and protocols
• Ability to collaborate with others
• Have a flexible approach to changing priorities in an agile work environment
Fitting candidates, please forward C.V’s to email@example.com with contact details for a chance at this golden opportunity.